I mean, have you really visited Peddlers Village? Today I had the pleasure to have an extensive, total-immersion experience/tour there and I have to say WOW!
First we (a group of mommy-bloggers) all registered at Giggleberry Fair, a “Play-Place” for kids. Some of the highlights at Giggleberry Fair are;
- Giggleberry Mountain – a three story, six level obstacle course
- Giggle Discovers – a sensory play area for toddlers
- Game Room – Video Games that offer tickets which can be redeemed for prizes
- Painted Pony – The “snack bar”
- The Grand Carousel – A beautifully restored 1922 carousel….really, REALLY beautiful!
We arrived at Sweet Lorraine’s when all the kids were showing signs of being hungry.
Perfect timing! I know some of us were VERY happy to see signs of food! Now, I know that Sweet Lorraine’s has a menu, but there were an unusual circumstances (80 people and many of them were children AND they wanted to offer many different foods so that we could taste them all) so we were offered a buffet style lunch.
Lunch was wonderful and the spread was beautiful. Many different sandwiches and wraps were served. I enjoyed a Chicken Ceasar Salad Wrap and made-to-serve Alfredo Pasta with chicken and spinach and they were both delicious. My oldest son enjoyed his Tuna wrap and my youngest LOVED the Mac & Cheese, but it was no ordinary Mac & Cheese, it was made from those extra long curly noodles and layered with cheese. He gobbled it up and when we went back for more it was GONE! ALL the kids LOVED IT!
After Lunch we were on our own to enjoy the splendors of (and use the coupons for) the quaint village stores. I chose to take my kids for dessert treats. My youngest son enjoyed a Cupcake from Town Crier Bakery and my oldest son had Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from Pigadillys Ice Cream & Gelatto. ~Side note–I’m a Cupcake snob and I thought the cupcake was YUMMY~
Peddler’s Village also offers many different events during the year. You can click here to find a listing. Right now they are gearing up for the Annual Scarecrow Competition & in the fall they host the Apple Festival, which (I speak from experience) is a good time. It is filled with fun Apple themed foods, Entertainment, and vendors displaying their goods.
And, here is the BEST PART! I got stuff to use as a giveaway!
Prize Pack Consists of:
- Two Passes to Giggleberry Fair: Includes Entry to Giggleberry Mountain, Giggles Discovers, unlimited rides on the Grand Carousel, and TEN free tokens for the video game area.
- $5.00 Gift Card to Lace Silhouettes Lingerie
- $5.00 Gift Card to Signatures (by Karen Thompson)
- $5.00 off $20.00 coupon to Village Toy Shoppe (expires Oct 15th)
- Peddler’s Village “Passport to Values 2010” – Coupon Booklet for the shops, restaurants and Giggleberry Fair.
Share Bucks County Fun Family Events with your friends on Facebook by clicking “SHARE” on the left side, mid-way down under the “Events” box.
–Participants must supply a valid email address in their comment. Email addresses should be put in the private field and not in the public comment box. Emailed comments do not count as entries.
You may earn a second entry by following Peddler’s Village on Facebook (leave a separate comment on the blog telling me you are following Peddler’s Village)
Giveaway Entries & Conditions (you know, the FINE print)
All entrants must be 18 years old and reside in the United States. Giveaway Ends 08/24 at 11:59 PM. Winner will be chosen by www.random.org, a random number generator.