Announcement From Peddlers Village:
CALLING ALL CROWS TO PEDDLER’S VILLAGE!
Deadline to enter the 33rd Annual Scarecrow Competition is September 1
(LAHASKA, PA) July 21, 2011…Peddler’s Village invites scarecrow creators of all ages to enter the 33nd Annual Scarecrow Competition and Display. The deadline to submit entry forms is Thursday, September 1, 2011.
Participants may enter submissions in six scarecrow categories for more than $5,000 in cash and prizes. The colorful scarecrow creations will be on display in Peddler’s Village from Monday, September 5 through Sunday, October 30, 2011.
Don’t delay to register for one or more of the following categories:
- · Quite the Character Scarecrow: Open the world of possibilities as you create a scarecrow interpretation of your favorite television character—human, animal or animated!
- · Traditional/Whirligig Scarecrow: Pay homage to the scarecrows that have been “scaring crows’ from the farmers’ fields and gardens for centuries. You may choose to add parts that move or make noise when the wind gusts to make it a true whirligig—either way your scarecrow has its work cut out for it here in the Village!
- · The Keystone Krow: Create the person, place or thing—past, present or future that says “Pennsylvania” to you! Or, perhaps you’ll choose to focus on a BucksCounty themed crow! PA possibilities are endless!
- · An Extraordinary Contemporary Scarecrow: Think out of the box on this one—not necessarily a “Scarecrow”—more like a cutting edge creation for the garden. You are only limited by your imagination!
- · Kids Only! Scarecrow: Kids 12 and under can enter and should do the majority of creation themselves in a category that gives kids the opportunity to compete with their peers.
- · Group Scarecrow: Make your scarecrow a group project—school, church, office, club, scout troop, neighborhood, etc. Put on your creative thinking caps and conjure up a winner!
Contestants must register to enter the competition no later than Thursday, September 1 and plan to install their scarecrows for outdoor public display in the Village on Sunday, September 4, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Entry forms with the official competition rules and regulations are available at the Peddler’s Village Hospitality Centerin the lobby of the Cock ‘n Bull Restaurant, by phone at 215-794-4000, or by visiting
The public votes for their favorites through September 25. Ballots are available in all shops and ballot boxes will be located in Giggleberry Fair and the Cock ’n Bull Restaurant. Winners will be announced and posted on the Peddler’s Village website by Saturday, October 1. Prizes will be mailed the week of October 31, 2011.
About Peddler’s Village: In 2012, Peddler’s Village will celebrate its 50th anniversary as the premier shopping and dining destination in Bucks County, PA. Follow the winding brick pathways of the colonial style village throughout 42 acres of award-winning gardens for a unique shopping and dining experience. Peddler’s Village has something for everyone, from 70 quality specialty shops and six restaurants to the 70-room Golden Plough Inn and Giggleberry Fair family entertainment center. Enjoy free seasonal festivals and year-round family events. For more information, please visit www.peddlersvillage.com or call 215-794-4000.